Summer 2020 Auditions
The Spark is excited to have you audition for us! Currently we are only accepting video auditions.
At The Spark we have two audition categories:
STUDENTS: Anyone 18 and under is considered a student and must REGISTER on the student page to audition.
OPEN AUDITION: YOU MUST BE 18 years old and out of high school to audition. No registration required.
Video Audition Submitted by Saturday, June 20 @ 10 am.
Invited online callbacks Sunday, June 21 from 1:30-3:30 pm.
*All roles available for Open Audition.
For additional information including rehearsal and performance dates, click on the musical titles above.
Open Audition Qualifications
The following positions are only available to artists 18 years or older (must be out of high school). Must have the ability and desire to perform alongside students of varying ages and experience levels.
- Regional, touring, Broadway credits or equivalent educational experience (Graduate degree).
- Limited Special Appearance Equity contracts available.
* A limited number of roles will be offered to professional performers. Pay is dependent on experience.
- Significant performance experience and/or education
- Arts Education experience with middle and high school students.
* Paid and unpaid positions are available.
- Currently in college or gaining performing arts career experience
- Previous performance experience and education
* A small stipend is available.
- MUSIC VIDEO: Two 32 bar cuts of 2 musical theater songs in the style of the show. Sing with a backing track or live accompaniment.
- DANCE VIDEO: Four 8 counts of dance in the style of the show. (If you are dancing with other performers please provide clear indication of who you are in the video.)
- ACTING VIDEO: Select and perform 2 sides from the production specific selections provided.
- Spelling Bee Sides
- SLATE: At the start of each Video - Your Name, Student or Open Audition, Title(s) Auditioning For, and for Open Auditions ONLY: Role(s) Auditioning For.
**VIDEOS must be no longer than 2 minutes. File types accepted: .mov files or youtube/vimeo links.
- UPLOAD your Headshot (png/jpeg) and Resume (pdf) as designated on the Intake Form.